A member Church of the Polish National Catholic Church of America
We invite you to join our parish family – under the patronage of St. Michael the
Archangel in living the Christian Way of Life as a disciple of the Lord Jesus.
Our parish was organized in 1917 and originally served the Polish American community in Niagara Falls, New York. Today St. Michael’s is made up of people representing many different cultures, languages and ethnic backgrounds. Our parishioners live in a variety of communities in and around Niagara Falls, and come together to celebrate their Catholic faith.
As a parish, we come under the governing leadership of the National Catholic Church and are part of the Diocese of Buffalo-Pittsburgh, Polish National Catholic Church. The Bishop of the Diocese lives in Lancaster, NY and is the Pastor of The Holy Mother of the Rosary Cathedral.
We are part of the National Catholic Church. That means that in our beliefs and practices we are one with the Catholic Church which holds to the teachings of the Holy Scriptures (Bible), the Traditions of the ancient church that were articulated in the first 1000 years of Christianity and the teaching authority of the Bishops.
We celebrate Holy Mass and follow the teachings of the ancient church regarding the Seven Sacraments.
In addition, the Word of God holds a special place for us. We believe that the Bible is the sacred Word of God, written by people under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and is our rule of life used for teaching and correction.
The Holy Mass, celebrated in English, is the center point of worship for our faith community. We believe and practice that the bread and wine used during the Mass are changed into the sacred Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. This Holy Eucharist we receive and venerate.
We are a faith community organized around the principles of life in the United States, democratic principles that seek to respect the will of the membership as long as that will is in concert with Sacred Scripture, the faith and teachings of the Catholic Church (Tradition) and the teaching authority of the Bishops of the National Catholic Church (Magesterium).
As such, our membership is responsible for the support and management of the parish church. The Pastor along with the Parish Chairperson in cooperation with the Parish Committee oversee the day to day activity of the parish.
The priests of the church are allowed to marry and many hold employment in the community and contribute to the support of the local parish.
There are many ways that St. Michael the Archangel National Catholic Church community may serve you. These are only a few:
- An environment where people are respected and cared for regardless of race, creed, color, ethnic origin, economic status or personal preferences
- Regular Sunday and Weekday worship which provides a prayerful environment so that you can thank God for the blessings you have received.
- A religious education program that we call the School of Christian Living which seeks to teach children and adults about living a Christian Way of Life in the footsteps of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Catechism Classes for children and adults who are preparing to enter more fully into the Sacramental life and practices of the Church.
- Parish organizations that seek to serve the Gospel through works of charity and fostering personal devotion to our Lord.
- Pastoral Counseling and Spiritual Direction.
- Linkage and referral to social service agencies to help you through difficult periods.
St. Michael the Archangel National Catholic Church, a community of the disciples of Jesus, has been placed under the patronage of St. Michael the Archangel.
As the early Church invited others to experience Jesus in their midst, so our parish invites you to share this experience with us.
As the early Church celebrated all of God’s creation, so we honor God in all his creation.
As the early Church were reconcilers of their day, so our parish seeks to be a reconciling community of Jesus’ disciples in the larger world.